Peer-to-peer payment apps have always been a favourite to many people owing to the numerous benefits they offer. In India, particularly Gpay and Phone pe is used by most people. In this article, we will delve into some underlying reasons behind the popularity of these two apps in India:
Gpay or Google Pay is a popular digital wallet platform that has made money transfer simple and easy. If you have Google Pay installed on your phone, you can send and receive money in a jiffy. This fantastic app also allows you to check your account balance in seconds. This app also allows you to contactless purchases on mobile devices. This app works on EMV Payment Tokenisation Specification. This service helps to keep the data confidential and generates a code for every transaction.
Let’s check out the top features of Gpay:
- The stores accepting the Gpay method have reportedly made more sales than the stores with no Gpay integration. This data was derived from recent research conducted.
- The merchants do not need to pay any transaction fees when the clients make payments through Gpay.
- Gpay is a no-cost platform, and it has an easy user interface. All you need to do is to have an active bank account number. Then, install the Gpay from the playstore. Link your account number, set your pin, choose the person you want to send the money to, et voila, your transaction will happen in minutes. The best part is that you can install the Gpay app from the Play Store for free, and you do not shell out an extra amount of money for doing so.
- Gpay has easy to use privacy control systems that help you in fraud prevention. Gpay is indeed a safer way to pay your friends and family without worrying about fraudulent activities. This app utilizes machine learning to identify phishing and other fraud risks.
- Gpay works on biometrics, so no other person can pay on your behalf if your phone goes missing.
- Gpay allows contactless payments, which are more secure than swiping your card every now and then.
- Gpay keeps the information private, and when you send and receive money via Gpay, the information is not shared with anyone else.
- Gpay never attempts to sell your information to third parties.
- Google find my Device can be used to lock your phone if your phone gets lost or stolen.
Phone pe is another popular app in India that works on the BHIM UPI. Phone Pe allows you to make cashless purchases and helps you to pay all your utility bills. Phone Pe also allows you to invest in mutual funds and help you make other investments.
Let’s take a sneak-peek into the crucial features of Phone Pe:
- Phone Pe has an easy interface and is extremely easy to use. Payments to POS local merchants I possible through the QR codes. The best part is that once you make the payment, you need not scan the QR code again and again as his name will save your favourite merchant.
- Phone Pe allows you to do direct fund transfers to your bank account,
- You will need to enter a valid account number and IFSC code to complete such transactions. Phone Pe allows you to receive money from your contacts as well.
- Phone Pe gives you the privilege to do auto pay off your bills. Once you make your payment for the first time via UPI, then you can authorize phone pe to do the transaction automatically next time on your behalf.
- Phone Pe gives you amazing cash backs and rewards. These rewards can be utilized by you later.
- You can also switch between multiple apps without having to close the Phone pe app.
- Phone Pe will not share your personal details with any other app without your consent.
- Phone Pe does not save or share your card details ever, and hence it is extremely safe to use.
- Phone Pe gives you the privilege of using linked wallet services.
- Phone Pe has a fantastic customer service team who are available at wee hours to answer your queries and concerns
Thus owing to the reasons stated above, phone Pe and Google Pe are the two most commonly used Peer-To-Peer payment apps of India.