You all must have heard about the popular and trend Dalgona Coffee that can be noticed in the status and snaps of your friends! In the period of lockdown, people are trying new recipes and dishes, and this coffee is the new discovery. Well, the trend is rapidly getting converted to different Dalgona things like Dalgona whiskey, Dalgona chocolates, Dalgona ice cream, and now finally Dalgona cake!
The logic behind this dalgona cake is that the whipped cream prepared for the dalgona coffee is used in many coffee cakes as well for frosting it.
So, you might be a clear picture of here now! The cake recipe we are going to discuss below is simply a classic delicious chocolate cake topped with dalgona cream frosting.
Yes! As simple as that. Let’s get started with the recipe.
Ingredients for Dalgona Cake Recipe
- 1 tbsp Instant Coffee
- 7-8 tbsp Sugar
- 1.5 tbsp Hot Water
- 1 ½ cup wheat flour or maida (180 gm)
- 1 cup Jaggery or brown sugar (200 gm)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup water (240 ml)
- A pinch salt
- ¼ cup oil (60 ml)
- ⅓ cup of cocoa powder (35 gm)
- 1 tsp vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp water
Instructions for Dalgona Cake Recipe
- Firstly start with the whipped cream. Take coffee, hot water, and sugar. Mix it properly.
- Now make use of the hand blender to blend it well for around 4-5 minutes. Whip this till it gets fluffy and light. Your whipped cream is ready.
- Now, let’s start with the cake recipe. Firstly, preheat the oven to 356 degrees F.
- Line a baking container with parchment paper and put it aside.
- Now mix cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, sugar, and salt in a different container.
- Add water, oil, and vanilla in it. Blend it gently.
- Pour this mixture into a parchment-lined baking container and then bake for around 35 minutes.
- Remove the container gently from the oven and let it cool.
- Combine the water and sugar in the glass bowl. Brush the entire cake with this mixture.
- Take the whipped cream that you prepared earlier.
- Cover the entire cake with this whipped cream and decorate it using the cream. You can also use sprinkles to decorate the cake.
- Now let the cake refrigerate for a few hours. Serve it!
So, that was the ultimate Dalgona Chocolate Cake recipe. You can bake it easily at home during quarantine and can post it on Instagram stories! Your DM is guaranteed to get overflowed with people asking for the recipe for the delicious cake.
What’s more? If you can’t bake a cake, then you can avail online cake delivery in Noida, Delhi, Mumbai, Indore, Chandigarh, or in any other city across India. Once you receive the cake, you can make use of the whipped cream to convert your cake into a Dalgona cake.
Spread the joy by sharing this delicious cake recipe with your friends and let everyone enjoy the delectable cake with their loved ones.