Vintage looks are turning out to be one of the trendiest designs for kitchen décor today. Due to their warm appeal and design, they are being opted by many who prefer to give their kitchen a look that brings back cherishable memories of the times passed. And if you want to bring back yours, then read on.
A great way to give your kitchen the perfect timeless vintage look is by opting for vintage-style kitchen vanity cabinets. With the large variety in which vintage kitchen cabinets are available, be it the design, shape or size, you will be able to bring back the warm vintage feel that will take you and your guests back to the good old days. Their charming appeal gives us a feel of the simple times of life itself.
Stylish Ideas For Your Vintage Kitchen
From paneled cherry cabinets to white shaker cabinets, the options are endless. While the color cherry, with its rich grained wooden finish gives your kitchen an old-world charm, the white shaker cabinets give your kitchen the look of Victorian homes that reflects your classy and sophisticated personality and taste. There are other variations as well. However, in order to give your kitchen a perfect vintage appeal, it will do you good if you keep in mind the finish and the hardware that is needed to give your kitchen cabinetry design a vintage touch.
Obviously, there are many finishes which will give your kitchen cabinets a perfect vintage look.
Here are 4 few available examples which might help you get a better idea about vintage cabinet finishes:
- Natural wood added with a glaze
- Brightly colored mints of blue, green, lemon yellow
- Antique white shaker cabinets
- Natural rustic wood
Secondly, the décor or hardware of your kitchen also matters a lot in maintaining the timeless appeal. Keeping in mind the variety of vintage kitchen cabinets available based on design, shape and size, you can easily opt for a set of cabinetry that best complements your vintage kitchen decor.
With the passage of time, there has been adopted a whole new way of giving the kitchen a vintage look that incorporates high-end trendy features. These kitchens are better known as transitional kitchens. Opting for a transitional kitchen décor certainly gives your kitchen a timeless appeal and at the same time provides you with the utility and functionality of the present times.
Here are 4 ways in which you can give your kitchen a transitional feel:
- Modern kitchen appliances accompanied by a vintage kitchen countertop
- Modern countertops with vintage flooring like patterns, or shapes like rectangles, hexagons, squares, etc.
- Vintage kitchen cabinets with steel knobs and handles. Other areas can be modern.
- You can add a set of speakers or have television and blend them with the vintage kitchen décor by adding to them a vintage aspect, be it in their colors or design.
- You can also add a vintage showpiece or a piece of vintage furniture to your modern décor to add a transitional appeal. Or you can do it the other way around i.e. add a modern piece to your vintage kitchen décor.
Intricacies for a perfect vintage kitchen
There are infinite possibilities of adding more to your vintage kitchen décor. Know that every single little showpiece you add to your kitchen will have an effect on your kitchen’s looks. From small showpieces to large wooden analog wall clocks, from wooden utensils to vintage teapots, each and every single one of these and all other such intricacies will give your kitchen a perfect timeless appeal.
Here are a few ideas you can add to your vintage kitchen décor:
- Bread boxes, iceboxes, Pull-Out Cutting Board
- Metal canisters
- Fireplace & Swivel Stools
- Apron-Front Sink or retro aprons on wall hooks
- Stained Glass Windows
So, as you can see, there are numerous ways in which you can give your kitchen a vintage look. Making the appropriate additions to your kitchen décor will further help you add to its timeless appeal in the most perfect manner. Opting for vintage kitchen cabinets along with complimentary setups and décor will certainly help you turn your kitchen cabinet into a vintage feasting spot and provide you and your guests with a warm pleasant feel as you have your meals.