QuickBooks is an indispensable tool for millions of accounting professionals and small business owners worldwide. Additionally, there are plenty of tools and utilities provided by third parties that are built into the software. One of certain is the QuickBooks PDF Converter.
Also known Document Converter, it is a built-in tool that is used to report an array of company-based forms as well as PDF or portable document format files. This is necessary when you want to share these reports or forms with colleagues or colleagues who do not own the software. In addition, this tool has a print component that performs the conversion.
QuickBooks PDF Converter: Important Features
This blog is dedicated to explaining various ways to re-install PDF converter if it has caused trouble in your software. If you are facing a different problem such as QuickBooks Code 20, please refer to the related blog on our website.
QB PDF Converter really has its own drivers and works like a printer, which is why if you try to modify its drivers, you may have problems with its functioning. Before reinstalling, let’s talk about the things that can be done in this built-in utility feature –
- This converter not only changes the format of the report or file but also facilitates its sharing. You can email the PDF file to your colleagues and customers as soon as the report is changed.
- If you upload it to a computer network, a web server, or an intranet, these files can be shared with anyone. PDF files have several compatible readers, the most popular being Adobe Reader, Perfect PDF Reader, Foxit Reader, and PDF-Xchange Viewer.
- The variety of forms, as well as reports that can be converted using the QuickBook PDF converter, include the following –
- Expense statement
- Balance sheet
- Company statement
- Reconciliation statement
- Company invoice
- This particular tool is fully compatible with QuickBooks and may not work for any application other than QB.
If QuickBooks PDF Converter is missing? What we can do.
There are amazing examples when the converter may show as offline. It leaves to save your reports or forms as PDF files. This can happen for one or more reasons, such as missing or missing PDF file components that are required for conversion. As a result, the entire converter may disappear from your computer.
If this happens suddenly, it can adversely affect your accounting tasks and cause even more problems in your performance. This is why it is important to correct this condition as soon as possible.
Ways to fix QuickBooks pdf converter
In such cases, the first thing is to ensure that the QuickBook PDF converter is up-to-date in your system. If it is not, update it to the latest version available on the Internet and then see if your problem exists.
If this occurs, there are different methods to help you run QB PDF Converter without any hassle –
Fix 1: QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tool
It is a tool designed to help you when PDF Converter is unable to print transactions on forms that need to be emailed or when you can view any form or report in its PDF version of QB.
This tool can be downloaded and installed from the QuickBooks official website in a few minutes. After installing, run it and let the repair process completes. Once it finishes, try to determine if the problem is resolved. If not, go to the next method to solve this problem –
Fix 2: Tips for Windows Users
- If you are using the Windows 10 version of QuickBooks PDF Converter, please make sure that the XPS document is working without interruption. There is a chance that you will find an issue, so to get rid of any issue, uninstall Microsoft XPS Document Writer and install it again.
- Also, check your system’s security settings. The PDF converter may be incapable to work due to incorrect security settings.
- Additionally, you can make changes to your antivirus-related settings as it is feasible to interfere with the functioning of the QuickBook PDF converter.
Fix 3: Uninstall QuickBooks PDF Converter
- If the other two fixes don’t work for you, try uninstalling and then install QuickBooks PDF Converter again. For this, you need to follow these steps –
Uninstall QB PDF converter
- Log in to your Windows admin account.
- Go to Printer and Fax and see QuickBooks PDF Converter.
- Click enter and remove it.
Download converter again –
- Right-click on the icon for QuickBooks and choose Properties.
- In the Properties window, click Find Target to open Windows Explorer.
- You will get a choice called “install application”. Click on it to continue, then click OK.
After installation is complete –
- Go to the Start menu and click on Run.
- In the Run window, write “Control Printers” and hit the Enter button.
- Click on the OK button to open the printer and fax windows. In this, you have to right-click on Amyuni Document Converter and rename.
- Depending on the version of QuickBooks, type in one of the following names:
- QB 2010 R1 and R2 – Converter 2.0
- QB 2009 R9 – Converter 3.0
- QB 2006-2009 R8
These were various ways to help get rid of issues in QuickBook PDF Converter. If you still have problems while using this tool, please contact our experts to dial QuickBooks Online Support toll-free number that we can assist you and save you time.