QuickBooks Online Plus and Essentials offers an exciting feature called Time Tracking. The feature allows users to ask for payment from customers depending on the number of hours spent on performing that task. It allows users to keep track of the overall time consumed so that they can bill customers accordingly.
If you’re wondering how to set up time tracking on QuickBooks Online, you’re at the right place. We’ll be providing you with the basic steps to set up and switch on this amazing feature. You can also contact with our QuickBooks Proadvisor for QuickBooks help.
How to Turn on Time Tracking in QuickBooks Online?
Read the following steps cautiously. We need to you are taking gain of this high-quality function, so make certain you don’t skip any step in between.
- After QuickBooks Online Login, pick Settings and pick the Account and Settings option.
- Select Advanced.
- Once a new window seems, search for the Time tracking section and click on Edit.
- In this segment, you want to set you favored time tracking settings:
- Make a Single-Time Activity Billable or Add a Service Field to Time sheets: When either of those packing containers is chosen, contractors and personnel can define if sports need to be billed to the customer or no longer.
- Display the billing price to the person’s getting into time (this feature isn’t always obligatory)
- The first day of the workweek– This influences how contractors and employees view the weekly timesheets.
- Click on Save followed by means of clicking on Done once you have made your desired choices.
Add a user for Time Tracking
- From the Settings tab, click on Manage Users
- Then, click at the Add User and the checkbox that announces – Time Tracking Only
- Now, click on Next and look for the dealer or employee which you desire to add.
- Again, click on Next and sort their contact data
- Lastly, click on Save.
This is a simple system to feature a consumer. Remember, the brought user can input hours at the time sheet.
NOTE: If you click on the Time Tracking the Only checkbox even as including a user, you cannot the person type later on. If the need for change comes up; you’ll just delete the customers and add them returned later with a new person kind.
Make time billable
After putting in place time tracking, you want to mark the time sheets as billable. To do this, comply with those smooth steps:-
- Go to the Create alternative; select Weekly Time sheet or Single Time Activity.
- Type all the critical info and tap on the Billable checkbox
- Then, click on Save and near the window.
There’s every other alternative referred to as ‘Make time ALWAYS Billable’. The guidelines for this selection are: –
- From the Employees tab, search for the Employee for whom you want to make time ALWAYS billable.
- Then, click at the checkbox that says – Billable by Default
- Find the employee you want, then Edit
- Finally. Click on Save
Get Access to all of the Time Tracking Reports
- In order to get the right of entry to reports, click on Reports for your QuickBooks Online software program.
- An Enter Report Name area will open up, right here you want to go into any of the under mentioned alternatives:
- Updated or the Most Recent Time Activities
- Time Activities by Employee Detail
- Time Activities by using Client Detail
- Unbilled time
You can find here how to setting up and turning on time tracking in QuickBooks online. With these all steps, you can easily set up time tracking in QuickBooks Online. I hope my all information is helpful for all users. Find QuickBooks Proadvisor for your business contact our QuickBooks help number for help.