Are you a Mac user? Is your Mac running slow? Are you annoyed with frequent system crashing issues? If the answer to these questions is a Yes, then you are in the right place.
Over time our system gets clogged and needs proper maintenance. In this article, we will take you through some useful tips and tricks to speed up your Mac. Apart from this, we will also learn about some of the best Mac cleaner software that can help us keep our system running smoothly with optimal performance.
- Does your Mac need a Cleanup?
- Here’s How You Can Speedup Your MacBook | Useful Tips & Tricks
- 1. Look out for resource-hungry processes
- 2. Properly manage your Startup Items
- 3. Delete Browser Add-ons
- 4. Properly Maintain Your Desktop- Reduce Clutter
- 5. Uninstall unused and old applications
- 6. Clean System Cache
- 7. Clean Up Your Hard Drive
- 8. Update your Mac
Does your Mac need a Cleanup?
With time our system gets clogged with unnecessary files, junk, APK files, duplicate photos, system cache, residual files and much more. Apart from this, there are multiple applications that we do not use. The virus also gets placed in some of the most unexpected places. All these things collectively can make your Mac slow and unresponsive.
Your system starts giving various signs that it needs a cleanup.
- Frequents overheating issues
- Your system takes a lot to reboot.
- Your Mac is running slower than usual.
- You start experiencing “Breach Ball” issues frequently.
If you have been experiencing all these lately, then it’s time to clean up your Mac. Let’s see how you can do it.
Here’s How You Can Speedup Your MacBook | Useful Tips & Tricks
The below-mentioned steps can greatly help you in improving your system speed and performance and these steps do not take much time to perform.
1. Look out for resource-hungry processes
Resource hungry apps are the ones that consume a lot of system resources and make it crawl. If you have such apps installed on your Mac, now is the time to uninstall or disable them.
To check which applications are consuming maximum system resources, you can use the Activity Monitor. To do so:
- Open the Applications folder, followed by the Utility folder.
- Launch Activity Monitor.
- In the Activity folder, you can check details of five different system resources which include: Memory, Energy, CPU, Disk and Network Usage.
- For Mac running slow issues check the CPU section. Here you will find a list of all the programs along with the amount of CPU they are utilizing.
- Check for the application that you can disable, click on the X button to close them.
2. Properly manage your Startup Items
Proper management of Startup items can also speed up mac. A clean and error-free startup means quick launching of various applications and programs. A fast launch means that your internet browsers open instantly without any lag.
Often it is seen that when your Mac reboots, a lot of unnecessary items run in the background. Proper management of these applications is crucial to optimizing your system performance. Follow simple steps to do so:
- Launch System Preferences.
- Open Users & Groups option.
- Click on your Username and then choose the Login Items option.
- Look out for the items that you want to exclude from your Mac startup items list.
- In the last step click on the “-” button.
3. Delete Browser Add-ons
If you are having Mac running slow issues, then deleting unnecessary browser add-on can also add on to its performance.
For smooth browser functioning, we often end up installing several extensions and add-ons which can drastically reduce our browser speed. Deleting all these unwanted items can ensure a smooth and uninterrupted performance.
4. Properly Maintain Your Desktop- Reduce Clutter
Every Desktop icon consumes some RAM space and increases the load on it. A clean desktop means quick system launch and better responsiveness.
Clean all unnecessary desktop items to boost up your mac.
5. Uninstall unused and old applications
Another way to boost your mac-book performance is by deleting uninstalled old and unused apps and software. Simply moving them to the Trash bin won’t help much as the application leaves behind them tons of junk. If you want to optimize your Mac performance then you should delete the apps properly.
In addition to this, you should also delete launch apps and background agents from time to time.
6. Clean System Cache
Annoyed with the slow speed of your system, consider cleaning system cache to speed up your Mac. Cache files act as a catalyst and support the quick launching of various applications and speed up the processing power of various applications like web browsers and many more. However, with time, system cache gets accumulated and consumes a major chunk of the available storage space. Use multiple tools like Best MAC Cleaner Software, system updater and optimization tools to tune up your slow running Mac.
Rather than enhancing the performance they increase system load and slow your computer down. Experts recommend that regular cleaning of system cache with the help of the best mac cleaner software can take care of all such issues.
7. Clean Up Your Hard Drive
If you want your mac to perform just like a new machine, cleaning up your hard drive is one of the easiest methods that you can consider using. To do so, simply launch your hard drive, look for all unwanted items and delete them.
Look out for system cache files, large and old files, logs, widgets, apps and hidden trash and remove them to reduce system load.
8. Update your Mac
Just like a Windows system Mac also needs regular updates for optimal functioning and better performance. However, Mac takes care of all the system update requirements on its own, checking for system updates can help us maintain a desired speed and system performance.
So this is it friends. I hope our guide on the best tips and tricks for slow running mac will be of enough guidance to you. Refer to our details and well-researched rundown to speed up your mac. Cleaning up your Mac system is not a big deal. You only need to be a little aware and follow simple methods to speed it up.
Stay clean and enjoy an uninterrupted system performance.